Tuesday 10 July 2007

How to Air-Brush people with PhotoShop 7

How cool would it be to know how to air brush someone? What I mean by airbrushing someone is given a photo of someone you wish to edit to make them look better by removing skin imperfections like scars, pimples, freakles, etc. This can be done using Photoshop if you know how.

One day while using a toolbar program called StumbleUpon which basically when clicked on takes me to a random site that has high "thumbs up" rating and relates to my interest. How does it know what i'm interested in? Well i'll leave that for another story, but in case your interested here is the site for it Stumble Upon. Anyhow back to airbrushing, so I found this site on airbrushing people tutorial. Seeing how cool and useful it was I decided to make a tutorial myself, but then i just can't do it better than the original tutorial without looking like I just copy and paste. So i'm just going to pass you all the site : Airbrush A Person - Tutorial

Here is a my favorite picture of Tifa from some cosplay thing, at first I thought this was a CG (Computer Graphics) person, turns out to be a real life person. I think this is done using airbrush, otherwise I want to know this girl and go out with her - REALLY SERIUOSLY.


The following are before and after from me doing airbrushing on some of my friends:

(Click on any image to englarge)





I find this a useful thing to know, also it doesn't take that much time, I would say these took around 20 to 30 minutes max. Although i have done pictures that are so big and defined that it took almost an hour or two, eventually i gave up because I couldn't make it look realistic enough - well, I'm no expert so yeah.

Hope this helps someone out there.

3 comments:

Hell_Angel said...

really good work with Photoshop, James, again u made some great effort to bring some weird cool images to live, air brush is a good tool to modify images,however overuse it sometimes reducing the realness and liveliness in the orginals, lol who am i kidding, keep on air brushing people. cheers !

Anonymous said...

huuuuuge difference... it would be kool if u could import ur airbrushing skills into real life, then u could very well be the next hollywood makeup artist!~~

Anonymous said...

errr.......ni..ce work before they just looks like ugly guys well most of them after they just looks gay. lol long looks like he has make up on. ahahah I can now say you brought the "feminine" side of of them.