Tuesday 16 October 2007

Dry Skin and Dandruff

OK this is a tough one; dandruff has been with me for awhile. I've tried nearly everything from soaking my head with vinegar everyday to using heads and shoulders which never did anything much really. By the way the vinegar thing doesn't really work, and I stopped after finding out that the advice came from a bold guy.

I have come to understand that I have very dry skin problems, and the problem
is when I sleep late and don't drink enough water I dehydrate which makes my lip skin dry and peal, my body gets itchy and I have bad dandruff, I now know that my dandruff is just ONE of the symptoms of dry skin due to lack of sleep, water and perhaps exercise.

  1. I believe getting the right amount of sleep is very important because when you sleep your body repairs itself, and the water is distributed around the body, if you don't get enough sleep you get poor water distribution and you will feel dry.
  2. Exercises makes the body perspire (sweat) which in turns moisturizes the skin naturally, not enough of this and again you will suffer from poor water distribution around the body.
  3. Drinking water is very important for the skin, hair and all the other stuff that goes on inside the body.

So there you have it, if you have dry skin like me then the answer is 1.5L water/day combine with plenty of rest and excercise and you should be fine. I believe recovering the natural way is the best way, I don't rely on drugs or creams or stuff and you shouldn't too, unless you have a rash or something which is different to dry skin so yeah .

No comments: